Enhanced Mitochondrial Support
- Dietary Supplement
- Kaneka QH Ubiquinol
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10 for short) is a potent antioxidant that supports cardiovascular health and is absolutely essential for healthy mitochondrial function. The traditional form of CoQ10, ubiquinone, is difficult for your body to absorb — but the ubiquinol formlike that in Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 absorbs up to 8 times better!
CoQ10 is required to convert fats and sugars into usable cellular energy. And our Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ® contains three key nutrients to boost energy production at the cellular level: super-absorbable ubiquinol CoQ10, shilajit, and PQQ. The cellular energy support these nutrients provide benefits your heart, brain, kidneys … and all the other cells in your body which require high levels of energy to function properly.
Benefits at a Glance
- Contains the better-absorbed ubiquinolform of CoQ10
- Ubiquinol CoQ10 stays in the bloodstream longer
- Shilajit doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria
- PQQ nutrient promotes the generation of new mitochondria
Ubiquinol form of CoQ10
More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body's production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.1 Statin drugs also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues.2,3 For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CoQ10 by almost 40%—but the aging process itself reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.4
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinolwas shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.5 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.6
Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajitis a nutrient thathas been shown to doublelevels of CoQ10 in mitochondria.7 Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain—40% betterthan CoQ10 alone. And in muscle cells there was a 144% increasein energy production—27% better than CoQ10 alone.8
Shilajit stabilizes CoQ10 in its superior ubiquinol form.9,10 Shilajit also facilitates more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.11-14 Plus, shilajit itself is rich in compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body's main source of energy.12
PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a nutrient that promotes the production of new mitochondria.15 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria.15 It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.16
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected—and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ's antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria—without breaking down—for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.17
Research demonstrates that PQQs unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function — alone, and especially in combination with CoQ10.18-20 The optimal dose of PQQis 20 mgeach day. Customers taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg capsobtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ. Try it today!